View Single Post
09-20-17, 03:37 AM   #1
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Disabled AddOn's hooks still ... hooked?

I am writing a plugin for ElvUI that hooks the function that displays the text on the xp, honor, rep, and artifact bars; in and of itself it works totally fine. When it is enabled via its own settings, it does its job. When the toggle off is set, it reverts the text back to the original text because I call the ElvUI's function again.

I thought that would be the end of it, but since I am still writing the thing, I disabled it entirely via the game's AddOns button last night when raiding. In other words, my AddOn was not even loaded.

So imagine my surprise when my replacement text for the XP bar still was intact! ElvUI does not support the text I have added. No, this is some kind of legacy of an entirely disabled AddOn. How in the world is that even possible?!?

Anyone have any ideas why a disabled AddOn would still be functional? The only clue I have is that once disabled via the AddOn button (technically ACP's button version) and switching AddOn profile setups, I needed to reload the UI, which of course I did.

Shouldn't that mean my AddOn is removed from memory, its functions disabled, and its hooks turned off?