View Single Post
09-06-10, 01:22 AM   #5
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
That's actually default behavior for the World of Warcraft game for several levels for a new character. I think it stops somewhere around level five-ish or so. Anything higher than that, and you better start checking addons for quest auto-accept options.
According to the original post, it was dailies that were automatically accepted (though there's no indication whether or not normal quests are auto-accepted as well), and considering the first daily quests are (as far as I know) available in Outland, I reckon he's higher than level five.

Oh, and just some filler information, the auto-accepted quests are the ones in the immediate starting zone. Nothing more, nothing less. For humans, for example, quests that are inside Northshire will be auto accepted. Furthermore, if a level 50 Human Warrior were to visit Teldrassil, the quests in Shadowglen, the Night Elf starting area, are auto-accepted.

But indeed, just as Jeffy wrote, there's little doubt that you have another addon installed that automatically accepts quests for you.

Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
This makes no sense. It would take you longer to shut down and restart WoW, log into the game, switch servers (if that was your intention), choose a character, choose your addons for that character, and enter your "realm", than to simply log out and do it from the character selection screen. Besides, if your in a hurry to exit the game completely, just "/quit" and you'll be back on your desktop pretty darned fast. Fast enough that I'm not too sure your game has time to save all the information it should when shut down normally. You can use "/exit" to .... well .... exit .... the game at a normal pace. You can also log out back to the character selection screen by doing "/camp". Although, you may still get the 20 second wait. There's probably a way to force that, but I don't know how.
That's not necessarily the fastest way. Imagine you're not in a town/inn. You can choose between opening your bags and using your hearthstone (5 sec + 10 sec cast), wait for the inn to load (if you're like me, with tons of addon, another 10 sec) and log out. Or you can log out on the spot if you're not concerned about rested, which takes 20 seconds and can't be hastened. Then you're back at the character selection screen, regardless of how you did it.

If, instead, you were to press ALT+F4, or terminate the process, you should probably have been able to start WoW up again within the time frame all the above actions take, and might be on your way to writing your password in.

But if your alt is on another account, like mine, it's a lot faster to ALT+F4, restart the game, log in, choose the other account, and choose the character... than logging out, going back to the login screen, logging in, choosing the other account, and choosing the character.

Furthermore, actually terminating the process for WoW sounds to me like the original poster had more troubles than just wanting to relog quickly.

Long story short, circumstances are everything, and hopefully it'll now make a bit more sense.