View Single Post
11-24-05, 08:34 AM   #9
Gello
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Sure tho being Thanksgiving he may not see it today. Or maybe the slower speed of the forum today will help hehe

edit: hmm in the posting it occured to me. Is this asking that when you do ## SavedVariables to ## SavedVariablesPerCharacter you want to copy over the existing SavedVariables to all character folders? This would have to be every pre-split character's data in every character's folder. The game would have no idea how to split a table apart using arbitrary keys (character and realm name).

edit2: and what do you do when a user goes from ## SavedVariablesPerCharacter to ## SavedVariables. This can't be done while logged in, so the game would need to choose one character to be the global one if it copies back?

The more I think about it the more I think a better solution would be to make a new table: tf_peruser_data, and then pull defaults out of tf_user_data in a mod's initialization. This wouldn't be overly hard and it would allow users to switch back and forth from global to per-character from the toc only.

Last edited by Gello : 11-24-05 at 08:46 AM.