Thread: moving boxes
View Single Post
05-12-09, 11:05 PM   #5
wreck
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by nerdonfire View Post
Come to think of it... could it be WIM? I know that I get an error everytime I close out of a WIM box. And according to the tech people for WIM, it has something to do with nUI.

Just throwing out some thoughts.
Here is a simple troubleshooting technique that works for all software. If you have a problem and are not sure what may be causing it. Try turning off some of the addons and restarting. If the problem goes away, one of those is the culprit. Or perhaps two in conflict.

One way to use this if you don't have any idea where to start is to disable half of your addons. If the problem is still there, enable them all and disable the other half. The problem should go away at some point. Once you have the problem cleared, start re-enabling half of the half, and keep going through the process until you isolate which is causing the problem.

This is called a binary search algorithm, and the beauty of it is that even with a large number of addons (say 32) you will find the addon within a very few number of attempts.

It will be faster than asking people to figure it out cold on a forum, and you will be happy to have solved your own problem.

Then tell us which one caused the problem