View Single Post
12-20-07, 01:17 AM   #4
Banalina902
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
If you don't want to heal don't roll a priest. You will be changing spec from shadow to holy for raids.
Not so. This kind of thinking is prevalent among people who've been playing wow before BC. Shadow priests kick ass during raids and you'll find any good guild will have at least 4 shad priests on the roster. My guild has run up to 3 spriests in a raid with 2 healing priests. Pretty good representation for any class.

Granted, during lvling you may find yourself having to heal more instances than you dps as healers are usually hard to find and it gets very, very tedious trying to find healers. I myself was labelled as a Hybrid (with points in Shadow up to Shadowform and the rest mostly in disc with a few in holy) up until 70 (when I respecced 14/0/47). Speccing hybrid I gimped myself a bit for dps but was able to heal any instance if I had to.

Anyway, spriests are fine with the right gear, but with only one good spell that crits, you'll be disappointed if you're looking for big damage number. We come into our own after 70.