View Single Post
07-20-11, 09:11 AM   #6
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
While I don't, and haven't ever, use the "QuestGuru" addon, I really (personally) don't feel there is a need for it if you are using Carbonite. I did go to their information page on WoWI to check it out, and it appears to be comparable to Carbonites quest watch depending on how you have the quest watch set up to display your quests. There are differences, to be sure. Carbonite doesn't use sounds for quest progression, no, it uses on-screen text notifications instead. I'm quite sure there are many other differences, that's just the one that stood out for me.

I would ask you to go to your "Path To Your WoW folder\Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\" folder and find the "CarboniteReadMe" plain text file and read through it. It will explain quite a bit about what Carbonite does and how to set the various parts of it up. Unfortunately, that file is still one of Carbonites "best kept secret's". There is a section on both the Quest Watch window and the Carbonite Quest Log, among many others.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 07-20-11 at 09:18 AM.