View Single Post
02-11-12, 03:02 PM   #15
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
your right secure frames is what im thinking. So your saying the regen disabled happens after player login? because i know it happens before player entering world or at least last time i tried it it did... a few places i have this issue is in party frames, the focus frame, the vehicle action bar and the boss target frame.

As for data collection, two places i can think of right off the top of my head is the guild information and the calendar information Actually I think this may be true for any of the bliz LOD stuff, anything thats in the addons directory created by bliz. My UI allows the user to set the xp bar to show guild xp, in order for this to be available when they log in and display correct i have to load the guild stuff, same goes for the calendar in order for the highlighting on the clock that lets players know they have pending events to display proper it has to be able to check for events and the events dont load until the calendar loads...

I may go about alleviating the calendar issue the same way i did the mail issue by hooking blizzards own notification highlight to my clock. I did this for the mail since the mail had the same issue and i could not get the information i needed at the times needed to make the mail notifications function right so i made it so blizzards stuff just highlighted my frames. Did the same for hooking blizzards mail tooltip to my frame since i could not get the same function any other way. There is no way around the guild xp bar requiring the guild information be loaded.

And yes many people have informed me that i write exactly as i would speak. i tried to break it up some... and use more ","

also im using Vrul's LibOptionsAssist to handle options and the config panel. along with aceGUI and other ace config panel libs.

GrimUI
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]