View Single Post
06-01-09, 06:47 PM   #11
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by sgtoutlaw View Post
Can't help but think you don't know what Tour Guide does by the way you talk about it.

It does that whole auto completing and showing arrows to next objective thing and all of that, the thing that Tour Guide does that Carbonite can't, is show you where to go to get the quests needed, so you don't have to go to the same place over and over for different quests.

Like say if I get quests from this hub and then I go off to do one of them near me, then I go off and I find another quest over in this other place, and have to go back to that same area to do that quest. Instead the guide will generally get you all the quests for any relevant area before hand.

I will say though that this isn't as necessary anymore since WOTLK is so full of chain quests.

In general though, Tour Guide doesn't involve any 'Reading'.

You are right about tom tom though, enable the arrow for carbonite and you don't need tom tom, it will work with Tour guide and everything.
Carbonite has a quest database for each zone. I can view that database and it tells me where the quest is located, who it begins with, who it ends with, and if I want I can make it a GoTo so my arrow points me right to the quest giver. Once the quest is complete it gets moved to the quest history. Also, you can have every single quest exclamation point in the zone show up on the map weather you have the quest or not. You can disable each one at a time as you finish the quests.