View Single Post
04-30-09, 10:53 AM   #1008
MMcCroskey
A Defias Bandit
Paying for addons is only fair

Just an FYI,

I am one of those people (and I expect we are a significant portion, if not a majority of WoW players) that is only barely, if at all, computer literate.

We NEED as much simplicity as possible, its just that simple.

I have been, and will continue to be, a WoWMatrix user. Why? I have tried, and cannot easily naviagate Curse or WoWInterface to keep my updates straight, AND to easily search for new addons that might be helpful to me. WoWMatrix works perfectly for me at least, in those regards.

I DO understand the bandwith and author problems, and I agree it is only fair that these authors be in control of their own material.

WoWMatrix has recently stepped up the ability to easily donate to the authors on their site, and I AM DOING SO. People should not be expected to work for free.

As for the sites themselves, I will donate to them as I use them. I have donated to WoWMatrix, but have not done so yet to WoWI or Curse as I have not been able to figure out how to effectively use them (although I am here to broadcast this message, so I do probably owe something to WoWI for allowing this forum . . . we shall see how this goes).

Either way, flame away if you must, but I already know I'm a computer idiot. For me, this is a game and something to enjoy in my spare time, and yes - I need help and simplicity.

I just thought the authors and potential authors here should know that many of us idiots are willing to pay, and are doing so.