View Single Post
04-30-09, 11:16 AM   #1009
us2006027321
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Thrillseeker View Post
1000th!!!!!!
You've been lurking in this thread waiting to pounce on that, haven't you? You sly b*stard...

Originally Posted by honem View Post
And mr Us some funny string of numbers man ...We still haven't heard wowmatrix's response to you .....
Wait for the steak to marinade, my friend. I'm still waiting on a reply to my most recent string of questions. I dressed Cairenn's questions up a bit, but you really can't dress up those questions so much that they aren't obvious, and I'm not so sure I'm going to get a response. I was hoping to get a response by today so I could put up my brilliant blog post, but I may have to push out my self-imposed deadline to Monday. >.> Sorry! /hug

Oh, and about that funny string of numbers, click here.

Originally Posted by MMcCroskey View Post
Just an FYI,

I am one of those people (and I expect we are a significant portion, if not a majority of WoW players) that is only barely, if at all, computer literate.

We NEED as much simplicity as possible, its just that simple.

I have been, and will continue to be, a WoWMatrix user. Why? I have tried, and cannot easily naviagate Curse or WoWInterface to keep my updates straight, AND to easily search for new addons that might be helpful to me. WoWMatrix works perfectly for me at least, in those regards.

I DO understand the bandwith and author problems, and I agree it is only fair that these authors be in control of their own material.

WoWMatrix has recently stepped up the ability to easily donate to the authors on their site, and I AM DOING SO. People should not be expected to work for free.

As for the sites themselves, I will donate to them as I use them. I have donated to WoWMatrix, but have not done so yet to WoWI or Curse as I have not been able to figure out how to effectively use them (although I am here to broadcast this message, so I do probably owe something to WoWI for allowing this forum . . . we shall see how this goes).

Either way, flame away if you must, but I already know I'm a computer idiot. For me, this is a game and something to enjoy in my spare time, and yes - I need help and simplicity.

I just thought the authors and potential authors here should know that many of us idiots are willing to pay, and are doing so.
Wow. For a change, I've found another WM user besides me that's actually willing to be reasonable. (If there are others, I apologize in advance for not noticing you. I'm blinded by my arrogance.) WoWI is coming out with an updater that is supposed to be just as simple to use as WM was. First, are you willing to at least try it? Second, if you find that it is just as easy, are you willing to make the switch so that you can keep your ease, and WoWI and Curse can keep their bandwidth? If the answer to either of those is "no", why not?

There's no intent to flame here. In fact, you've earned my respect a bit by donating to the authors. (I've no proof of that, but I see no reason not to believe you.) Hopefully, you consider my questions honestly and are willing to give another form of simplicity a try once it happens.

Originally Posted by Vyper View Post
I can't resist. Goodwin's law anyone?
I learned in debate that if I want to win with very little work, I need only to do one of two things: accurately compare my opposition to any of the axis powers from WWII, or show how their position will result in the nuclear holocaust. In spite of Goodwin's law, I usually go with an axis reference because I like the look I get from my opposition when I do that. If they argue with me, they are anti-semites, and if they agree with me, they lose. Either way, they're screwed, and I love it. The biggest issue with intarwebz debates is exactly what my new siggie says below, and I hope I didn't just do that to myself by over-exaggerating an analogy. ><

Last edited by us2006027321 : 04-30-09 at 11:48 AM.