View Single Post
04-30-09, 01:34 PM   #1011
Reversion
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Tekkub View Post
Hey now, I'm a pirate, and yet I retain the rights to throw a *****fit at people that try to make money off my work without my permission. The two are not exclusive. There's a big difference between getting something for free (even if they want you to pay for it) and making money off someone else's work (even if it's offered up for free). That's why you'll never see the GPL (or really any other license) attached to my work.
No license, Creative Commons, GPL, whatever you wish. Creative Commons would work best in hindsight but as the saying goes hindsight is always 20/20.

I believe addon authors should get some compensation but I also believe in a system that is not closed. Am I petty thief in the belief that a system with a license like Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative would be bad? I am just a fan of addons and other creative work not being locked down to a single source.

The Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative license is what I use for my work for both my music and images and I am a big fan of it as it allows me to freely share my stuff with the ability to get attributed and no derivative works without my permission.

There is a version for other countries as well so don't mind the Canadian Flag eh.

Last edited by Reversion : 04-30-09 at 02:12 PM.