View Single Post
08-01-10, 11:05 AM   #9
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Everglow View Post
Hey Blu. Thanks for the great info. I need some advice. I have a 2 drive system running Windows 7. My main [C:] drive is 74 GB and my D: drive is 300 GB. I have Live installed on C: and it has only 28 GB free.

So my question is: Do you think I could install the Beta on my D: drive, leaving the Live installation on C:? Alternatively, do you think I should move my Live installation over to D:? Thanks for any insight on this
Not sure .... I'm a Mac man >_>

But I do have some experience in the windows area. AFAIK You should be okay putting both Wow and Cata on the D:\

I have seen an issue or two running the clients from an external HD as it sometime doesn't behave come patching and installing time.

I'm just wondering why you have such a small C Drive. IMHO Get a bigger drive, ghost the C drive to the new drive then install it. Ghost is where you can get this utility that makes an exact copy of the drive from one HD to the other (I think it's like dd on linux).

Then install the left over 74GB to an E: or even better make it recovery disk partition complete with all the software you need to rescue your other 2 drives.
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)