View Single Post
09-13-10, 05:38 AM   #21
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Vladinator View Post
I understand. I was just curious if there are ways to do this without affecting performance in a bad way.

Running code on top would in fact cause first the default UI to render it as it is supposed to, then my code would go over and for example consolidate buffs that I want to hide by force. This would reduce performance to a certain extend, it depends on many things tough.
Oh, you likely would not be able to do that, especially in combat, and still retain the ability to right-click to remove them. The post started initially about changing the timers. If you want to be able to filter or consolidate, then that's a different story entirely.

Thanks for explaining in debt Cladhaire. Perhaps we can hope that the devs that work on the default UI may leave some ways for addons to customize certain things, for once having the consolidateBuffs local makes it harder to add or remove entries from it, I guess this being global would have saved us authors a lot of time and performance impact when you think about it. ^_^
It also exposes a vector into exploiting their system, I'm certain its intentional. Blizzard tends not to use locals recklessly. That all being said, I hope we'll see a template for auras in a future build.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."