Thread: OO initiative.
View Single Post
11-28-05, 06:14 PM   #17
Rowne
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Iriel Indeedy, Tem's been going over the neatness of metatables, in fact, I'd like to learn more about that myself. There has been talk of hosting some classes in regards to metatables, lessons on how they work and all. I should pester Tem about that again, I really should.

Anyway, I agree with you. My main point was that an AddOn should be comprised of only one constant and if you're grouping functions which share variables or other things with each other, then it's a good idea to toss self around. If you're not calling other functions of the base table or not using any of the variables of the base table, then it's better not to send self because it's not required.

I think my main problem is with the global namespace usage, really. One non-Ace author I've been really impressed with lately is Silver, the AddOns are clean and they're all tabled, making only a singular hit on the namespace.

Short: Tolerance FTW?