View Single Post
03-02-13, 04:27 PM   #65
Kreelor
A Firelord

Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
It's primary places of use will be the ingame splash and website. It also might end up on a t-shirt if I manage to get a blizzcon ticket :P
Thanks Rythal. You explained quite well! However, graphic design for silkscreening onto T-shirts requires a different set a design principles. It's a completely different consideration, compared to what is suitable for websites. Silkscreening is a different ball of wax, unless the original artwork happens to be suitable for silkscreening. Cloth is pourous. "Bleeding" issues occur unless the artwork allows sufficient "bleed" width, screen dpi (dots per inch) is a factor, CMYK color separations, printer's registration marks, etc.

My examples won't win, for sure. I'm merely particpating and learning more about your new addon and the game itself. I ask questions because answers to many of those questions may help everyone to learn and to produce something you can use. God only knows how much I appreciate all you've done and the fact that you haven't given up!

Thanks, Rythal, for replying!