View Single Post
03-02-13, 05:11 PM   #66
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Kreelor View Post
Thanks Rythal. You explained quite well! However, graphic design for silkscreening onto T-shirts requires a different set a design principles. It's a completely different consideration, compared to what is suitable for websites. Silkscreening is a different ball of wax, unless the original artwork happens to be suitable for silkscreening. Cloth is pourous. "Bleeding" issues occur unless the artwork allows sufficient "bleed" width, screen dpi (dots per inch) is a factor, CMYK color separations, printer's registration marks, etc.
Yeah. I worked for someone that did commercial silk screening for a while, and this much I can tell you: If your design you want to have put on a t-shirt is anything more than basic black and white and you are planning to only have a couple of them printed, you better be sitting down when they tell you what the cost will be (and how long it'll take before you get them). Also, artwork that is screen printer ready is really a p.i.t.a to make. Unless, of course, you have the proper graphics program already (and by that I mean one that will do the graphic at the right format to work with their machines and save the right way) and have done that type of work before. And keep in mind that having the artwork won't necessarily save you a bunch of money. They still have to go over it to make sure everything is right, and that'll still cost you.

If you only want one shirt (or maybe a couple), you'd probably be better off looking up the local airbrush artist and having them whip one up for you. Still not cheap, but cheaper than the screen printer by far, I bet.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 03-02-13 at 05:16 PM.