View Single Post
03-02-13, 06:28 PM   #69
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Kreelor View Post
From what I see in the images you posted on this forum, your images DO have "transparent backgrounds."

You have to ask yourself... "what color background am I displaying my image upon?" I hope I'm understanding why you think your images do not have transparent backgrounds. This forum (where you are displaying them) has a blackish background. But, when you click on the icon version of your graphic in this forum to enlarge it, then it's displaying against a white background which is kinda' like outside the forum (which is the 'paper/page color-white' of that display area. Those display areas are NOT graphical images. There always has to be a background of some type or color. Your transparent images will "fade" smoothly (if it truly has a transparent background of its own!) into whatever background you place or view them on. I hope I'm getting this right? Your example images make me think so.

Have you tried placing one of your images over an existing ".jpg" image? Does it 'fade' into that image or does it have a filled-rectangle of some color behind your oval-shaped graphic?

For instance, if you paste one of your images over a colored background and your image displays with a filled rectangle behind your image (which you wouldn't want), then that indicates that you do not have a transparent backgound of your image. Many people struggle with this issue, and I'm one of them. I can't afford $600.00(US) to upgrade the software I use.
Yeah, they are displaying properly here on the forum. I jacked up the zoom level in my browser to check them, and they are actually displaying properly with the proper transparency. I know my eyes are bad, but..... Oh well, everything changes with age.

Y'know, I never thought about the way you explained the way the background changes on the web page when I clicked on my images to get the larger version. That explains that! DOH!! And thank you. In my graphics program, they obviously display properly.

I used to have a copy of Corel 8, but have since uninstalled it. I got it several years ago as a gift, but just never could seem to spend enough time with it to understand how to do things (my attention span is marginally better then "10 second Ted"s, but not too much). At the time I was using Jasc's Paint Shop Pro and it was easy to understand (and relatively cheap and not too bad). I've since "graduated" to Photoshop, but, again, it was gifted to me (pure dumb luck on my part), but without the manual so I've had to rely on trial and error to learn it. Well, as much as I have learned it, anyway.

I don't have the money for this kind of stuff either, so I'm really glad I had a couple of acquaintances that gave me those programs. Of course, I can't afford to upgrade from what I've got, either, but, that's life I guess.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!