View Single Post
05-07-12, 11:06 PM   #4
lerb
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by newhonl63 View Post
Hmmmm..............Well, you explanation on the hidden aggroing mob would seem to be something I can buy into out in the field, but I was doing the Org quest "Everything goes with Bacon", I killed everything on the screen and in the pen to get the 5 quest items I needed and it still would not allow me to mount up or anything. I seriously doubt there was any hidden aggro monster there to keep me from mounting up.

Being level 85, I don't think anything would aggro me unless I was right on top of it. Be that as it may. If it is a game issue. Should we contact Blizzard or report it as a bug to them? Or do you have that information to them already?
As for the aggro/threat thing, and as far as my knowledge about the game goes, an addon is not capable of causing you entering/leaving combat. If they we're, we would be able to control the "in-combat" status and thus Rogues for example wouldn't need Vanish, would they?

Have you seen this aggro/threat issue happening anywhere else? Or was it only on that location during that quest? There has always been a "bug" or some kind of issue that cause you to not leave combat after entering it, and I have no way of telling what causes it but I'd bet my next monthly payment it has nothing at all to do with addons. It has happened to me a lot of times during my 6 years of WoW, and I've never used carbonite.

And the version-issue with carbonite, one of the authors recently made a post on the forums regarding an update they released only a couple of days ago that adresses that issue.

Here's the link to that thread.