View Single Post
09-03-11, 04:21 AM   #5
Aanson
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Hey! While we're on the topic of fishing, thought I'd share a macro that I use on all my toons to those who might want to give it a try. You'll need an addon like Macaroon etc that will accomodate large macros though:

To start fishing.

#showtooltip
/run SetTracking(1,true)
/run SetTracking(2,false)
/run SetTracking(3,false)
/equip [noequipped:Fishing Poles] Bone Fishing Pole
/equip [noequipped:Fishing Poles] Weather-Beaten Fishing Hat
/use Weather-Beaten Fishing Hat
/cast Fishing

This really is a one-button fishing solution. It'll remove your mining and herbalism nodes and bring up your fishing nodes instead. It'll then equip your fishing pole and your Weather Beaten hat (if you have one, the game will just ignore that line if you done), then it will use the hat (for the 10 min fishing skill buff) and finally it will start fishing.

Couple of notes on it:
(1) If you don't yet have the ability to see fish nodes, edit out the 'settracking' lines by putting -- before the /. If you don't it will probably do the opposite of what is intended and remove your gathering nodes when you put your pole away!

(2) If you do have the ability to create large macros, it might be worth your wile to add more lines after:

/equip [noequipped:Fishing Poles] Bone Fishing Pole

Such as:

/equip [noequipped:Fishing Poles] Strong Fishing Pole
/equip [noequipped:Fishing Poles] Fishing Pole

If you got all the poles in there, you'll be able to use this badboy on all your alts without having to worry about changing lines of the macro because your alt isn't exhalted with the Kalu'ak!

Running out of time now, I'll post the macro that puts the gear back on, but this time I'll spare the chitchat lol .