Thread: Debuffs?
View Single Post
04-20-09, 12:08 PM   #19
Seer
A Molten Giant
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
Nah... you're missing a lot of points because you (understandably) don't know how the layout engine works. I've been trying to keep the discussion non-technical but you're starting to push me into having to get into the geek stuff.
Heheh, I'm not that afraid of geek talk, more of programming chat :-p (Still have nightmares from my own programming efforts, and that was somewhere in 1988).

I don't push that hard do I ? Only a small gnome ya knwo..

For starters, there's nothing that says a HUD has to have any (de)buff display or how many it has. Nor is there anything that limits how many units the HUD tracks or which units or how many times a single unit is tracked.

Take, for example, the target which has three aura displays... which one is the debuff toggle supposed to work for? There's two different debuff displays in the target HUD.
Why did I suddenly feel sorry for those that want to create a layout ? Do they have to worry about all that as well ?

Would the one making the layout be able to offer their own config gui/commands ?

Again... picking specific examples is a bad idea because it limits the scope of the conversation. The bottom line is simple: in the same way that it is not reasonable to expect Blizzard to be able to add nUI configuration options to their built in panels anticipating what I'm going to do, it is not possible for me to be able to anticipate what the people who mod nUI's layouts are going to do.
Heheh, well maybe not make it for others, just for your own nUI layout. I personally would like all your plug in for nUI be rolled into the main package and have the option ingame to turn them on/off. Think you allready said somewhere that wasn't feasible. And if other layouts can have their own configs then they could peak at your code and see how you did it :-p

Anyway, looking forward to see what tools you are going to introduce for normal users () to make a layout.. But to be honest, the current layout is working great for me.