View Single Post
02-19-13, 03:42 AM   #74
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by myrroddin View Post
If the case was messing with dozens of AddOns, that would be different.
Yeah, I checked about a dozen popular unit/raid frame addons and didn't find any others using the lib, so I think a change is fine at this point.

Originally Posted by myrroddin View Post
... if you were to add isFirst to a callback, the only one that benefits is ResCastStarted(). ResCastCancelled() and ResCastFinished() don't gain anything from knowing whose cast started first. After all, either way, the cast is done, first or not.
ResCastStarted always means "this unit is getting a res", but ResCastCancelled does not always mean "this unit isn't getting a res anymore" because the cancelled cast might not be the only one. However, typing this out, I realized that it actually doesn't matter whether the cancelled cast was the first; it only matters whether the cancelled cast was the only res casting.

However, since not all addons need this info, and getting it requires some extra work, I'm just going to leave it out of callbacks, and let addons use the API to get it if they want it. Same goes for the spellID, and now I'm actually considering also removing the endTime and caster info out of callbacks, and have them provide only the target unit like most real events (eg. UNIT_HEALTH).

Last edited by Phanx : 02-19-13 at 03:45 AM.