View Single Post
04-05-11, 04:59 PM   #7
Remsaa
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by ckramme View Post
The art looks wicked!

Agree on the chat background. If it was me I would just use a transparent almost black color, maybe tinted ever so slightly towards the orange/red.
The problem I have with a darker, plain background is that I often dont use my chat (with a new baby, play times are odd and guild is small) and I set it to transparent, so a lot of times in that case I would just see a big black box.

Maybe making it less obvious and removing the chat "framing" altogether might be better (mainly just center graphic at that point)

The chat frames were actually much bigger before but I reduced them because they looked almost too big.

Personally I would also make the center art, assume you want to put minimap there, a standalone minimap art.
I like bigger chatframes, so a center minimap takes up my valuable screen width.

My wife is a clicker and this UI is for her, she wanted a spot in the middle where she could lump some of her spells together, I will probably modify it a bit for my Pally but I am also not a fan of a centered minimap

Would be interesting to see someone make unitframes to match the look.
I actually decided to work a bit on this too although we will see, i included what i have so far for the target

AND THANKS GUYS FOR ALL THE GREAT HELP AND ADVICE!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	target_by_sacredremedy-d3db1ze.png
Views:	1009
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	5953