View Single Post
01-02-10, 11:21 PM   #204
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by shifth View Post
I need help with Macaroon:
I am rogue, when i am not steahled, i wish the 1 bar will be shown, and when i go to steahl i wish this bar will be hidden and other one will apear... how can i do this ??
If you actually want Bar #1 to disappear and a totally separate Bar #2 to appear when you stealth, do this:

1. Enter config mode ("/mac config").
2. Right-click on Bar #1. Check the checkbox next to "Stealth." Close the config dialog.
3. Left-click on Bar #1 to cycle through state pages. Add buttons to the non-stealth state (I think it's called "Regular" or "Normal") and put abilities on them. Do not add buttons to the "Stealthed" state.
4. Right-click on Bar #2. Check the checkbox next to "Stealth". Close the config dialog.
5. Left-click on Bar #2 to cycle through state pages. Do not add buttons to the non-stealth state. Add buttons to the "Stealthed" state and put abilities on them.

Alternatively (and more sensibly, in my view) you could simply have the same bar display different abilities based on whether or not you were stealthed. To do that, follow the above steps, except don't do 4 or 5, and in step 3 do add buttons and abilities to the "Stealthed" state. Remember, bars can have different numbers of buttons in different states, and can have different key bindings in different states.

Originally Posted by xromania™ View Post
i want to know please the files i need to keep if i delete wtf, interface, cache to have my profiles and stuff back in macaroon
Macaroon's settings are stored here:
World of Warcraft/WTF/Account/YOUR_ACCOUNT_NAME/SavedVariables/Macaroon.lua

Both of the Macaroon plugins I use (Profiles and Bound) store their settings through Macaroon itself, so their settings are in the same file, but it's possible other plugins store their settings in their own files; those will be in the same location, and their name will match the plugin's name. For instance, if you had a plugin called Macaroon_DoStuff that stored its settings in its own file, that file would be named "Macaroon_DoStuff.lua", and would be in the same place as Macaroon's file.

That applies to any addon, so if you ever need to backup or remove a specific addon's settings, you can just delete its stored settings file. Deleting your entire Cache, WDB, and/or WTF files is overkill and is pretty much never needed for any reason. Some addons store settings in a character-specific file; you can find those files here:
World of Warcraft/WTF/Account/YOUR_ACCOUNT_NAME/ServerName/CharacterName/SavedVariables/AddonName.lua