View Single Post
11-10-12, 05:38 AM   #25
Rammoth
A Cliff Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hopefully this is helpful. I usually only use raid frames for party. I never use party frames, because you don't really need them anyway. You know your friends, and your guild mates, you shouldn't need to know strangers. So their name on the plate, isn't important, their energy source is only important if you're not a healer cause I believe other party members should know the healers mana, to keep from failing a group activity, over and over. Ultimately, if you're not a healer/tank, you more than likely do not need to know anything except energy source, no health. If you are a healer, all you really need to know is health. If you are a tank, all you need to know is Health/Energy. That's just my opinion, and I use it and it helps me maintain a steady healing flow as a healer, and on other characters I do well too, because of what I mentioned there. So you get a more minimal look if you take it into account this way, but at the same time, you have extra customization to do, and some addons don't let you set them up this way, while most do. You could remove the portrait all together, or put it over the health, in a semi-transparent way, or make it smaller on the frame and then re-align them again, so it looks good. And see what you like best from those ideas, as you try them all. That's how I would go about it. I hope that has helped you.