View Single Post
09-15-12, 03:31 PM   #42
Simulo
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by eqsanctum View Post
Negative ghost rider, proximity based quests, and having more then 10 quests on the screen are almost a given now-a-days. Reinvent the display of the quests. Forget blizzards ripoff.
Because people have nothing better to do than keep an addon, that tracks ALL THE QUESTS IN THE GAME, FOR BOTH SIDES, up-to-date. Think of all the quest information Carbonite tracks (Item Count, Location, Finish Point, Item Use Button, Time Limits, few more things that I probably can't think of). Point is, we're in this thread looking for an alternative to Carbonite, because Carbonite is:

a) Taking too long to update
b) Abandoned (see 'a' for plausible reason)

So...you want another Carbonite, so it can overwhelm the author, who will eventually decides to not update...and we'll be back in a thread like this one looking for an alternative to Dugi's addon.

Blizzard's tracker works just fine. Though it would be nice to darken the highlighted area; at quick glance it is hard to miss in places like Vash or places were the quest location is over water.

As for quest/achievement tracking, that's your personal preference. Personally, I never went over a "zone's worth" of quests...never even touched the achievement tracking; takes up too much space.

-One of the things I hate about Carbonite is that it'll randomly reactivate tracking of a quest I specifically told it not to track. Like "Alliance Needs More Purple Lotus", I like to keep it just for the "lawlz" when I share it in a raid....nice to see how many remember it, sad when more and more don't
But, ya, I don't want it tracked, but Carbonite refuses to remember.

-Another thing that seriously pisses me off is the fact that each BG has it's own separate map container, so I have to reposition the BG "World Map" for every freak'n BG per new BG or redo of my UI. Why in God's name didn't they just use the World Map container so you move ONE frame ONCE and you're set.

@Dugi

The mod is pretty much perfect as it is now. About the only thing I would add is a "zoomable world map" (much like Carbonite's). Doesn't even have to be this "Google Map"-style. Just something that I can zoom up on when resource nodes are in close proximity.
-If that's already in place, I have no idea how to access it