View Single Post
08-07-08, 12:14 AM   #362
Kailef
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
Okay... I have been playing with the idea of creating a buff watch list <...> So... tell me your thoughts on this approach.
Sounds good to me, so long as it's easily configurable - Position, growth direction and anchor, text side and alignment, etc. I figure that the smart way to do it would be to determine which of the four corners of the buff frame is closest to it's respective screen corner, and automatically select that corner as the anchor and base the growth direction off of that. This will make it much easier for the "bulk" of end users, I think. Folks like mscott998 who don't like it at all (or maybe he just doesn't like the top left hand corner?) can turn it off entirely.

Minor suggestion, which I know is only a flick of the wrist code wise, but still: Since you're using horizontal health bars, you'll probably want to make sure that (at least by default) the health and mana are on the same corresponding side that the HUD uses. I remember in a recent patch that you moved health to the outside arc, and mana to the inside arc. You'll probably want to mirror that positioning in the unit frames to reduce confusion. In case I'm not making sense.... For example, the LEFT side of the solo frame shows you and your pet, with the health bar on the inside (right) and the power/energy bar on the outside (left). If the HUD was visible, the LEFTMOST arc representing your player would show health on the outside arc (left) and the mana/energy would be on the inside arc (right). As such, the HUD and the unit frames would display health and mana/energy on opposite sides, thusly befuddling poor, dyslexic people such as myself.

By the way... Your latest screenshot shows the blizzard minimap off in the upper right... I wonder if that's just because you're testing other features, or if you've taken my earlier suggestion to heart? ~grins~