View Single Post
08-11-14, 01:48 PM   #9
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
(5) The "Add Game" function doesn't seem to work. After selecting World of Warcraft and navigating to the game install path and clicking Select, the dialog closes, and nothing happens. Selecting the top-level program folder, the Interface folder, or the Interface/AddOns folder all yielded the same result.
After poking around in Minion's saved config file, I think I found the problem here -- the previously detected WoW installations were still in the configuration file, but had an "ignore" flag set on them. Removing the flag enabled Minion to show them again. There doesn't appear to be a way to undo ignoring an installation in the app itself.

Some more misidentifications from an older installation (nothing updated in ~6 months) of WoW:

Badapples wrongly identified as "Cirk's Badapples - Fan Update" (last update 2010)
Edit: Just realized this is especially bad because Badapples (which I maintain) includes a WoWI-ID field in its TOC file, so there should be no way for Minion to be confused about which addon on the site it matches.

Examiner wrongly identified as "Raio X" (an old Portuguese-language fork of Examiner)

No sign of the "Grid Pack" that showed up during the initial scan.

Other issues:

The loading progress dialog remained faintly visible, and blocked mouse interaction over a large portion of the app. See attached screenshot. This didn't happen again after restarting the app.

Listing 4 installations simply as "World of Warcraft" is kind of useless... maybe the install path could be shown in smaller text underneath each one, or you could go the Curse Client route and let the user pick a label for each installation.

I noticed after launching the app a third time that available updates were still shown for the network install after I'd seen them in the app before and not applied them. First install still doesn't show any of the updates I didn't apply.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	minion-unclickable.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	165.5 KB
ID:	8172  

Last edited by Phanx : 08-11-14 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Forgot attachment