View Single Post
03-13-09, 02:17 PM   #11
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Balkeep View Post
Yhor
Depends on a person, i can do anything in oUF u have in sRaidFrames, i even took important buff indication system (like shield wall etc etc) and ported it to my ouf layout, but my ouf takes like mmm 10kb of memory and sRaidFrames take like 2-3M depending on a raid situation, thou i do agree that for un-experienced user sRaidFraims is rather good choice.
What I really meant was, that you can use different settings for different situations a lot easier with sRaidFrames. For example, I can setup different "layouts" with sRaid for any particular class I play. On my Mage/Druid (or any dispelling class), I can amp up my debuff highlighting or easily track heals..etc. With an oUF layout, I'd have to exit game, make whatever adjustments (edit the code or swap for a modified layout)... then I could log onto a class that I benefited from doing this. In order to not have that functionality for a class that has no use for it, I'd have to repeat the process... and with sRaid I could just swap out in game... as needed. I hope this makes sense . But if you only play one class/role, then a well defined oUF layout for your needs -would- be superior.

For Party, Self, Target, Pet, ToT..etc, I would like to think I'll never abandon my oUF layout, though. It's just perfect in every way for how I play. It's set up perfectly for every class I play... for me.

It really does just boil down to personal preference, in the end.