View Single Post
06-11-05, 10:35 AM   #37
diiverr
A Theradrim Guardian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Beladona
We should get into an instance messaging of some sort to work through this. I read through all your threads on the official blizz forums (yeah about time) and see the direction you are wanting to go with this.

You want to make your buttons and the like skinnable (maybe in the distant future, make everything skinnable, a full UI skin system)

You want to make it as easy as possible for newbie coders to make their own skin configurations and images.

You want to make it as plug and play as possible, so that people dont have to edit your existing UI to add mroe skins. THey can just add another addon (skin package) that adds onto yours with another skin choice.

I think I can help you with this. With some carefully crafted savedVariables, and option sets, you can reduce your rendered images to a single image (that gets repeated) and can be easily reoriented vertical, horizontal, 2x6, or whatever the heck you want. I have done it with my own button mod, minus the texture skinning, but it can easily be configured with the skinning system too...
By now, you probably know what you are getting into with my coding capabilities. You are a brave individual , sir (or madam).

The only instant messenger I have set up is yahoo, but I can install a different one if you're serious. Honestly, I don't mind hashing this out here, I'm in no spectacular hurry, and others might learn a trick or two (not just me ) along the way.

PM me here if you like as well.

RE: the individual skinning of buttons, the current release of DiivSkins does something very similar. I understand where you are coming from. The reason I have been dodging it is the somewhat random way in which a texture will be rendered in a given layer or strata. You never seem to know which one is going to be on top of the next. I believe there are ways to combat this with code, but I could always work a little harder on the textures to where this wouldn't need to be accounted for. It should be feasible.

Last edited by diiverr : 06-11-05 at 10:47 AM.