View Single Post
01-21-14, 09:45 AM   #1
Lombra
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hide frame on escape but not on control lost

I use UISpecialFrames to make my frames hide on escape. (and some other actions) I like this feature. What I don't like is how these frames also gets hidden on PLAYER_CONTROL_LOST. Normally this is annoying. When it closes my whisper frame while I'm in the middle of typing a message, which then gets lost, it's completely retarded. Is there some neat way to fix this?

Looking at the code, I could probably do without it closing on any of the non hardware driven events, such as player dead, entering world.

Actually I might just unregister the event on the UIParent. That won't cause taint, will it? All it does apart from closing all windows is setting UIParent.isOutOfControl = 1, which doesn't seem to be used anywhere.

Would still like to work around the other events if possible. Entering world I could probably do something with leaving world. Not sure about player dead. There's no such thing as getCurrentEvent() is there? How about get current hardware event? I know about GetMouseButtonClicked, but that won't cover escape, obviously.