View Single Post
12-26-10, 08:36 PM   #16
Zidomo
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by gtadem View Post
Well the perspective of the general populace is that the age of a database isn't determined by time elapsed, but stage of relevance of the information contained within.
Cute. I was speaking about the age of the mod, not its database. The mod's database wasn't the problem you came here with, it was the mod's frame/options/etc.. Which the age/development date of the mod in this circumstance has a real effect on.

You took offense to me or something I said, couldn't combat me with a meritous counterpoint or argument, and decided instead to employ manipulative verbiage such as "very old" to try and subliminally come out on top because your chosen adversary ....The thread is over. Let's see if you can leave it as such.
Says the person who has been hostile & combative towards a lot of the help here (including the forum moderator ). No actually, I was initially trying to help with accurate data based on the limited, varying information you provided about your problems. Help based on massive, extensive mod testing experience here (have close to 1000 comments in the mod comments here, more than that on WowAce. Its posters like this that keep my willingness to join the forums here more often down).

You are the one getting fired up & distorting things into "combat", "fighting" and all the rest. You are seeing "maniuplative verbage" where none exists. Just let it go.

What I initially said was true then and remains the case: whatever issues you were having has no relation to AtlasLootFu...or the lack of it. It took several posts to determine what the various issues were, the final one being that the frame you can bring up with v6 was not what you really wanted to see (the old v5 design). My first statement about AtlasLootFu applied to all the issues, as you emphasized it incorrectly as being a likely solution.

Oh and you keep saying LDB, but no such thing was present in current atlas or atlas loot. Something to keep in mind before blindly stating that it was.
When asking for help, it usually is of benefit to keep in mind not to express such certainty and combativeness.

(And yes, based on this offensive feedback from someone asking for help, its now got my back up a bit...heh).

No actually, the current AtlasLoot does in fact have a built-in LDB feed, as well as a minimap button. Check out the AtlasLoot\Core\MiniMap-LDB.lua file. And/or install a LDB display (I've linked to further information several times in this thread).