Thread: (( Tweek_ui ))
View Single Post
03-25-07, 10:10 AM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Just a couple pointers for ya...

You may be aware of this already, but Skinner will skin many of your addons, too - you just need to copy/pull them from the AddonSkins folder and add them to the SkinMe folder. This will skin your Auctioneer frames, your EquipCompare tooltips, OneBag, etc.

Many people do this (and I may have forgotten once in a upload, too :P ) but you don't need to include the Blizzard UI files in your Interface folder. It will cut down a tiny bit on your file size, and they will be recreated once the game is started up.

You also have addons that have overlapping functions. Informant and Mendeleev (while, yes, I know, Mendeleev will give you more info - I think ). Informant and VendorValues. I think you have your pet's xp bar showing on it's unit frame right next to the mod (I don't know what it's called) that shows it's xp bar. PetFu might display xp also, I don't recall - I use PetInfoFu, myself. This would cut down on your filesize as well. If you have valid reasons though, for including them, then just ignore me. I have a couple addons for debuffing in my compilation - for user preference.

You can also clean up your FuBar a bit by setting some plugins to "hide" if you don't need instant access to them. You can always get to them through Niagara. Things like Skinner, eePanels, etc. Though maybe you just had them out so people could see which mods you had in your screenshot.

These were just a few things that I noted when looking over your UI. It's a good start though.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh