View Single Post
12-12-12, 03:45 PM   #16
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Blizzard has done a really good job with the quest UI, to the point where I don't think you need any questing addons. Everything you need to see is marked clearly on your map. The only quest-related addon I'd suggest for new players is QuestPointer, which will make TomTom show a 3D arrow on your screen pointing you to the nearest quest objective so you can be spared the horror of opening your map to see where to go.

Originally Posted by Barleduq View Post
I definitely want to maintain as much continuity with 'plain ui' as I can, because I am frequently playing WoW on different machines ... and keeping them all in sync is a royal pain.
Use Dropbox to sync your AddOns and WTF folders.

The only caveat is that Dropbox doesn't handle junctions/symlinks/whatevers very well, so unless you want to manually tell it to check for changes to files every time (I don't!), you'll have to actually move your AddOns and WTF folders into your Dropbox folder, and then set up junction points in your WoW folder, since WoW doesn't care if the folder is "actually" there or not.

Then, any time you change anything on one machine, it will automatically propagate to the others.

Last edited by Phanx : 12-12-12 at 03:48 PM.