View Single Post
05-15-12, 01:24 PM   #3
Ravensaber
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by Landrell View Post
Here are some suggestions for you after taking a good luck at what you've got so far:

1. I'd probably get rid of the micro menu. There are built in keys that allow you to pull up those functions anyhow, so I'd hide it.

2. The bars that you have on the right side just above your minimap, are those extra buttons for seals and etc.? Perhaps truncating the list down and putting them where the micromenu was there instead.

3. I'd find a way to fade the stance/class bar since those aren't really necessary to see on a regular basis.

I'm curious though, what is the background sitting underneath your chat window? The extra window I mean, is this for combat? Just wondering, that's actually kinda nice if you're trying to consolidate space. Though, if that is the case and this again is just me and my personal opinion and run with it in whatever direction you want; but, perhaps finding a way to make the right and left windows you have the same height? I'm very OCD and an uneven UI just makes me wiggle in my chair.

Outside of that, those are the only things that sort of stick out at me at the moment. Hope that kinda puts you in the right direction. Just remember, this is your UI and what and how you want it to look is of course by your design. So good luck!

@buttons above map....Yes those are extra for whatever reason, hands/seals/mounts..whatever i want that doesnt fit in the two main bars..Putting that in the bottom area is probably ideal, I have no idea why I didnt think of that...

@The second chat widow....Yes that is for combat/loot/exp/misc things that I do not want in the main window, as I personally like to see Boss emotes, warning, raid chat...not cluttered in with random loot/exp/ spamming.

The two sides of the ui having different heights is a small annoyance to me, but Its not that bad...=) I am thinking of moving the buffs down above the minimap to kind of off set the height difference of the chat side.

But I will definatly try moving the extra buttons to the bottom area, and as far as stance bar, I use bartender so it is easy enough to hide them...

Thanks for the suggestion...sometimes you just need other ppl to stare at things for you=)=)

Screenshot with suggested bar changes=)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_051512_160044.jpg
Views:	647
Size:	795.7 KB
ID:	6934  

Last edited by Ravensaber : 05-15-12 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Added Screenshot