View Single Post
07-29-08, 04:11 PM   #260
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Charvel View Post
Hi there, just got done reading all of the posts here. Am slowly becoming convinced that I should switch from Mazzle to this UI. Looks pretty cool but I have yet to download it and play with it.
I'll be interested to hear your impressions after you have given it a go.

Couple pages back you asked about features in the raid frames that people would like to see. I read through the posts but didn't see anyone mention what I suggest. I currently use sRaidFrames and when someone is the target of a mob the border of their character box becomes red (showing that they are possibly about to take damage). I like that border as a healer.
As you have probably read by now, I am in the process of coding the second beta of nUI. I have completely overhauled the unit frames functionality. At this point I can tell you that (a) whatever unit frame is the target of the target will get a highlight. In addition, the combat feedback system will flash a red border on unit frames taking damage and flash a green border on unit frames getting healing. I also expect to have highlights for frames that are cursed, poisoned, diseased or out of the player's control (in flight, mind tapped, etc.).

I do not yet know if I'll have highlights for every unit being targeted by a mob in multi-mob encounters. I hadn't thought that far ahead, actually and I'm at least a little concerned about how expensive that might be (in terms of the impact on the game engine). I'll see if I can think up an affordable way to make that work within the state engine design of the unit frames I have created.

sRaidFrames also allows for whether or not a player is in range, health, mana (all that have been mentioned before) that would be great to see in your raid frames.
Health and power are, of course, a requiement. Range indication will also be taken into account as that's an item that has come up many times.

Last edited by spiel2001 : 07-29-08 at 04:14 PM.