View Single Post
03-07-11, 11:08 AM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Protocol82 View Post
Hi peeps.

Ill explain how I use carbonite. I hit M for the big map and M again for it to shrink. But while shrunk it also has a minimap inside it. If I turn this feature off, none of the mining nodes appear, like when you are near a node and it flashes on the map. If I turn it on all the notes and quests markers dont match the normal carbonite map. Can I remove/disable the carbonite minimap but still keep the mining nodes?

I've tried making the minimap scale 0, but still it seems to be there. I just want it gone. Any ideas?
First things first: There is only one Carbonite map. It is either large (maximized), or small (minimized). The minimap is the default Blizzard map you always see in the upper right corner of you screen.

That being said: Unfortunately, if you don't have the Carbonite minimized map and the Blizzard minimap merged, you won't be seeing any active (currently able to be harvested) nodes, blinking or not, on your Carbonite minimized map. The reason for that is Blizzard has not released the API for that action for addon developers to be able to do things like that with their own maps.

One of the problems with merging the maps is that Blizzard and Carbonite use different amounts of zoom. IE: Blizzards minimap has 6 fixed zoom levels, whereas Carbonites map is able to zoom "infinitely". That sometimes causes problems with things lining up between the two maps. If you have that happen, you can hold the "ctrl" key to bring the Blizzard minimap to the top so you can find your node.

If you don't want to have the maps merged, open Carbonites options (type "/carb options" in chat, right click the Carbonite minimap button and choose "Options" in the menu, right click a non-icon area of any Carbonite map and choose "Options" in the menu) to the "Map Minimap" page and uncheck the first option, which is "Move Minimap into Carbonite map (reload required)". Since you seem to want to not see the Carbonite minimized map any more, after you uncheck that option go to the "Map" page and check the option to "Hide maximized map when ESC or map toggle (M) key pressed". That will hide the minimized map when using the "M" key instead in minimizing the map. If you choose to do this, though, unmerge the maps first or you won't have a minimap at all. If you don't want to use Carbonites maximized map either, just uncheck the first option on the "Map" page "Maximize Carbonite map instead of opening normal map".

If you chose to not use the Carbonite map, you can install something like GatherMate2 along with its GM2 Database to show the nodes on the Blizzard maps.

I would ask that you look in the main Carbonite folder in your "AddOns" folder and find the "CarboniteReadMe" plain text file. Please read through it. It will explain a lot about how to set Carbonite up and how the different parts of Carbonite work. Unfortunately, it's one of Carbonites best kept secrets.

EDIT: DOH!!! This is what happens when I try to be precise (concise?) about answering sometimes. I actually started this post over an hour ago, but between flipping back and forth between windows (WoWI and WoW) to make sure I had the right info (Ahhhh, the vagueries of an aging mind) and (unfortunately I'm easily distracted) doing something on one of my characters ... well ... you can see the results. 8^) /EDIT

Last edited by jeffy162 : 03-07-11 at 11:20 AM.