Thread: keeps crashing
View Single Post
08-02-11, 05:15 PM   #7
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
EDIT: Basically, if you deleted the Carbonite .lua and .lua.bak files in your "Path to your WoW folder\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\SavedVariables\" (please notice that there is absolutely no mention of any character folder in this path) folder, then I think you've probably got more problems then just that error. The files I suggested you delete are the files that hold all of Carbonites set up information (and all of Carbonites other saved variables) for all of your characters. If you delete them, Carbonite acts just like you installed it for the first time. It has no more "operational" saved variables, so there cannot be something "saved" that is causing a problem. You can try running the WoW repair tool. That might help. If that doesn't work, try doing what I posted next:

What happens if you run Carbonite as the only enabled addon?

Please disable all of your other addons (except Carbonite, of course), including any guides you may be using, through the "AddOns" window on your character selection screen. DO NOT, however, use the "Disable All" button as this will disable your addons for all of your characters.

It is entirely possible that there is a conflict between Carbonite and another addon and running Carbonite alone is the only way to tell if Carbonite is actually causing the problem.

If that doesn't stop the error, then I suggest you do a file search of your computer and delete any file that is connected to the Carbonite addon. Before you search, though, I would delete the four Carbonite folders in your "AddOns" folder, and any Carbonite files in your "Path to your WoW folder\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\SavedVariables\" folder. That SHOULD leave you with only the Carbonite ".lua" and ".lua.bak" files in your character's folders to delete (again). Those files only contain "taxi" information which is also stored server-side (if I remember correctly). Open one and check it out. You can open it with any plain text editor. Deleting them doesn't hurt anything since they are rebuilt as soon as you visit your first flight master after log in.

After deleting everything Carbonite that could be found through a computer search, reinstall Carbonite and test.

EDIT: The only other thing that I can think of that might be happening is that you might have two installations of World of Warcraft on your computer, and you are trying to fix the wrong one. Do a file search on your computer for WoW.exe and see what you come up with. If there's more than one, then you have to figure out which is the right one. You can do that by right clicking the WoW desktop icon and choosing "Properties" in the menu. When the "Properties" window opens, you will want to click on the "Shortcut" tab, and look for the "Target" address line. That's where the WoW is that you want to fix (and probably keep, too).

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 08-03-11 at 07:47 PM.