View Single Post
03-29-13, 02:27 PM   #1
j800r
An Aku'mai Servant
Is nUI extremely resource heavy? :s

Ok, firstly apology for the large amount of random posts I've been making all over the forums in various places. I'm in the process of trialling the UI to see if it's for me and if I prefer to say ElvUI S&L which is what I came from (I've pretty much tried out all major UIs except this one in the past).

I'm loving the basic style of the UI but one major gamebreaker I've started to notice is the massive impact it seems to have on my framerate. I gave a completely clean install, aren't using too many extra addons and my max fps is usually around 30-40 often dipping and lagging. Even with my usual graphical tweak downs and a couple of Leatrix Plus options which improve graphics performance even more. With ElvUI I would average 60 fps and in non-busy areas I would often reach 100+!

I tried the whole tweaking the nUI refresh level thing and brought it right down to 10 fps. Framerate improvement was probably less than 5fps and now things like castbar animations were ridiculously choppy.

So basically is there something major I'm missing or is nUI pretty resource intensive? I would hate to go back to my old ElvUI setup (not that there was anything truly wrong with it) as I really do love the style of nUI but if it's gonna have such an obvious impact on my framerate I'm gonna have no choice.