View Single Post
12-11-13, 05:19 PM   #15
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by RooR View Post
Well i cant read out a function for that.
As I said before, rather than just going "omg code, too hard, spoon-feed me the answer plz!" take a few minutes to slow down and just look at the code. Lua is almost plain English, with a little bit of simple math notation like + and - signs for adding and subtracting, < and > signs for comparing greater-than and less-than, and = signs for indicating that something is equal to something else.

For example, if you set aside your mental block and actually think about what this line could mean:

if cur < max then

... you should be able to figure out that it's checking "if" the current health (since "cur" is short for "current" and you're in a section about health) is less than (that's what "<" means in math) the maximum health (since "max" is short for "maximum") and if it is, "then" do what's written afterward.

Similarly, I think there's really only one possible interpretation of a line that says:

elseif bar.__owner.isMouseOver then

I'm willing to help, but there's a difference between helping you do something, and just doing it for you because you're unwilling to make any effort to help yourself.