View Single Post
01-16-13, 05:01 PM   #10
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Clamsoda View Post
I disagree that it isn't a UI issue, and the fact that it isn't controlled by a custom AddOn isn't really relevant.
It is relevant, because the OP is asking for feedback about his/her UI design, presumably with the intent of releasing it as a UI compilation for others to use. Complaining that he has buff consolidation turned on is like complaining that you don't like his screen resolution or complaining that his character's armor isn't transmogged to match. It has nothing to do with the UI design, and like I already said, if someone else downloads his addons and addon settings, their buff consolidation setting will not be affected at all.

Personally, I don't use buff consolidation because I already use a custom buff addon that supports filtering, and I just permanently hide a lot of buffs, but if I were using the default buff display, I would definitely have buff consolidation turned on, for the same reason -- it's just not worth my time and energy to spend every second of every group play session worrying about whether everyone else in the group is remembering to buff the group. I have Mark of the Wild hidden, for example, on all of my non-druid characters because I more or less trust that any druids in the group are at least marginally competent and casting their buff, and if they forget, well, it's really not the end of the world.

Originally Posted by Xionyus View Post
Alright. I messed around with my UI some more, thanks to everyone's suggestions, I took most things into account and changed them.
You've still got some alignment issues. I imported your screenshot into Photoshop and added some lines to mark the edges of things. See how there are tons of lines that are 5-20 pixels apart? You should line those edges up. (see attachment)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	valign.jpg
Views:	692
Size:	257.6 KB
ID:	7508  

Last edited by Phanx : 01-16-13 at 05:36 PM.