View Single Post
04-15-09, 06:32 PM   #1
jarasai
A Defias Bandit
UnitPanel Movement

Hello!

I've been playing around with nUI for a few days and am enjoying it. I've been trying to move around some layout pieces, and have been quite successful, but the UnitPanels are a bit of tricky business.

Unlike a lot of the other layout items, the panel itself seems to be hardcoded as anchored in nUI_UnitPanel to the Dashboard, so it can't seemingly be reanchored to the nUI_TopBar. I know it seems very vogue to put frames there, but I tend to stick them in the normal Blizz spot and grid goes in the middle.

I tried to reanchor the Solo panel, at least, by sticking an anchor in , but it didn't move. Maybe I did it wrong?

anchor = {
anchor_pt = "BOTTOMLEFT",
relative_to = "nuI_TopBars",
relative_pt = "TOPLEFT",
xOfs = 0,
yOfs = 0,
},

In the upmost panel level of nUI_UnitPanelSolo.lua.

Is there some elaborate stuff to override? It looks like the apply_anchor function in UnitPanel checks to see if an anchor is present, but there are things like local background = CreateFrame( "Frame", "nUI_UnitPanelBackground", nUI_Dashboard.Anchor ) that explicitly refer to the Dashboard through this thing, rather than the anchor of some set parent panel.

I'm kinda toying around with nUI_UnitPanel, but my old CS training on inelegantly altering things because I'm not seeing abstraction gives me a little twitch, so I thought I'd ask about it.

I might try sticking in like a middle class nUI_DefaultUnitPanel with the anchor options and some other stuff defined, so tons of anchor and panel options don't have to be redefined every whim I have.. It also seems like a good solution to having some layouts have Dashboard anchoring and some being free to go elsewhere.

This is really my first foray into LUA and should read up before I try such things... but they were some ideas I had. I'm interested to hear if there are any thoughts on relocating said UnitPanel.

Thanks,
Jason