View Single Post
06-26-10, 07:45 AM   #25
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I had a similar thing happened with me but I believe it is simply due to historic data that may not be truly compatible with the new changes so it freaks out. Which would explain why the reload fixes it.

If the reload has to be done each time go into your characters wtf folder and look for chat-cache.txt and I believe you may find that the positioning values of the frames may be off a bit. This is what I have noticed ( sizing wise ) with any recurring chat buglets on my many alts. A simple edit of the file or for those unsure of that a reset chat windows ( approximate wording ) from the general chat frames drop down menu will reset all chat frame settings including the reparenting/positioning nUI does. Then log out and log back in and it should *touch wood* hopefully work fine. I can't remember if a reload worked but its worth a try.

For those happy to edit the chat-cache.txt file and would like to know what an unused chat frame setting looks like here it is:

Code:
WINDOW 8
SIZE 0
COLOR 0 0 0 0
LOCKED 1
UNINTERACTABLE 0
DOCKED 0
SHOWN 0

CHANNELS
END

ZONECHANNELS 0

END
Compared to one that is set up

Code:
WINDOW 2
NAME Combat Log
SIZE 16
COLOR 0 0 0 0
LOCKED 1
UNINTERACTABLE 0
DOCKED 0
SHOWN 1
OPENING
TRADESKILLS
PET_INFO
COMBAT_XP_GAIN
COMBAT_HONOR_GAIN
COMBAT_MISC_INFO
END

CHANNELS
END

ZONECHANNELS 0

END
I have yet to find a function that allows you to program these automatically but individual functions have a ( doNotSave ) option but it doesn't cover everything so I can only assume that some of the stuff is saved regardless. I hope to track this stuff down while researching how to implement changes to my nUI_InfoPanel_Chat plugin to make it usable again.

Ah here we go, took a while to find one. This is an example of a window position and size setting. If you see this linked to a chat frame and its not the same values it may be what is causing the problem. As wow uses this to initially set up the windows.

Code:
WINDOW 1
NAME General
SIZE 0
COLOR 0 0 0 0
LOCKED 1
UNINTERACTABLE 0
DOCKED 1
SHOWN 1
POSITION BOTTOMLEFT 0.003233 0.095790
DIMENSIONS 430.000000 120.000023

SYSTEM_NOMENU
SAY
EMOTE
YELL
WHISPER
PARTY
PARTY_LEADER
RAID
RAID_LEADER
RAID_WARNING
BATTLEGROUND
BATTLEGROUND_LEADER
GUILD
OFFICER
MONSTER_SAY
MONSTER_YELL
MONSTER_EMOTE
MONSTER_WHISPER
MONSTER_BOSS_EMOTE
MONSTER_BOSS_WHISPER
ERRORS
AFK
DND
IGNORED
BG_HORDE
BG_ALLIANCE
BG_NEUTRAL
COMBAT_FACTION_CHANGE
SKILL
LOOT
MONEY
CHANNEL
ACHIEVEMENT
GUILD_ACHIEVEMENT
BN_WHISPER
BN_WHISPER_INFORM
BN_CONVERSATION
BN_INLINE_TOAST_ALERT
END

CHANNELS
END

ZONECHANNELS 2097153

END

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

Last edited by Xrystal : 06-26-10 at 07:51 AM.