View Single Post
01-20-06, 02:04 AM   #27
Xageroth
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Just giving a heads up, playing several hours today I noticed some general quirkiness with the cameras. Models disappearing momentarily, models zooming in far past the camera, etc.

It's difficult nailing some of these issues down so if you're experiencing them know that you're not going crazy. It's not just you.

With that said I think these issues are infrequent enough to begin working towards a 1.0 release. Here is what I have planned for a 1.0 release:

Configuration Menu which will:
  • Allow adding/removing cameras.
  • Changing the unit type (player, target, pet)
  • Changing the mouse bindings (or unbinding the mouse completely for click-thru)
  • Force refresh or reset a camera.
  • Set a camera to be fixed rather than free-movement.

Profile Management which will:
  • Let you save all bounding boxes to an account-wide profile
  • Copy settings from one character to another
  • Save camera settings and share them across multiple bounding boxes

As anyone who has looked at the code can tell, much of that is already in place it's just being hacked out at the moment.

I am toying with the idea of having a seperate add-on which will catalogue your camera settings for each model. This way those who have the memory to devote towards such a thing can have the mod remember their camera settings for each model, while those that don't care for that level of detail can disable the secondary add-on and it will function as it has. I'm not commited to this idea yet, tho. I'll revisit it at some point.