View Single Post
06-24-09, 12:25 PM   #1071
jadakren
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by NarusegawaNaru View Post
I might use what you've done for POM, that's just a nice easy way too, nice. Although I can only find you setting a fontstring for that too, and not the icon as per Freegrids screenshot
It's not an icon, but rather a font-set which is comprised of only symbols. Originally (when i submitted this idea to Freebaser) I wanted to use something that would remain the same overall shape as incremental changes affect it.

PizzaDude-Bullets fullfiled that need. However I grew to dislike that it was far too large and unscalable (scale it too far and you would need to start providing xOffset & yOffset options because it would creep outside the relative position)

I moved back the initial font i was using "Visitor-TT1-BRK" because it was pixel perfect. It scales perfectly and still has various symbol glyphs.

Currently i am using "·" for all the indicators except the top middle section which i set aside for survivability auras which have a long cooldown before they can be applied again.

In that spot i use different symbols to indicate which aura it is thats in effect.

Originally Posted by NarusegawaNaru View Post
The only thing I can see that I'm not sure how to get now, would be how many Renews are on someone for example. i.e. They could have 3 from 3 different priests on them. Although while writing this I've just spotted that

UnitAura's 4th return value is a count. So I could just include that by counting within
Code:
["BL"] = "[rnw][gotn][rejuv][regrow][wg]"
or something. You've given me a great deal of help without realising how much. Thanks very very much!
Two things :

the 4th value , the count return value is how many stacks of a particular aura you have.

you would be editing a code block similar to this one :
Code:
oUF.Tags["[rnw]"] = function(u) return UnitAura(u, "Renew") and "|cff33FF33·|r" or "" end
oUF.TagEvents["[rnw]"] = "UNIT_AURA"
example, lifebloom can stack to three, grace to three, etc etc.

here is my grace tag :
Code:
oUF.Tags["[grace]"] = function(u)
  local _,_,_,c = UnitAura(u, "Grace");
  if(not NeedsIndicators(u))then return end
  return  c and "|cff006699"..string.rep("·",c).."|r" or ""
end
oUF.TagEvents["[grace]"] = "UNIT_AURA"

Last edited by jadakren : 06-24-09 at 12:29 PM.