Thread: Renaming Bags
View Single Post
04-22-08, 03:30 PM   #2
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by shanetorourke View Post
I tried using CT_Bagmod but it wouldnt work. so if anyone could make one or give me the link for a addon to rename my bags. it would be awsome. i treid searching here, Cursed, and i tried to google it lol.
Ok .. here is what I got. It will require a little file editing but it is nothing major and can be done in notepad.

Goto THIS SITE. (It appears to be a old site that someone created for their own personal UI)

Download the first file named "slayernet-1-10.zip". It is a 7.4mb file and will take a while to get (few mins) as the site is kinda slow.

Open up the zip file and take the folder called "CT_BagMod" and move it to your WoW addon folder.

Here is where the simple editing is needed.

Open up the CT_BagMod.toc file.
Change ## Interface: 11000 to ## Interface: 20400

Delete this line - ## Dependencies: CT_MasterMod

--- Should now look like this --

## Interface: 20400
## Version: 1.21 (CTMod 1.854)
## Title: CT_BagMod
## Notes: Allows you to rename your bags for easier storage.
## SavedVariables: CT_BagNames
CT_BagMod.xml

---
Save and close the file.

Open up the CT_BagMod.lua file.

Goto the very bottom of the file and delete the very last line after the word end.

--- It looks like this ... delete the whole line --

CT_RegisterMod("Bag Slots", "Change Display", 5, "Interface\\Icons\\INV_Ingot_03", "Toggles three ways to show bank slot counts (Totals/All/Off).", "switch", "1", bankfunction, bankinitfunction);

----

Save and close the file.

Try it out.

To rename a bag click the bag icon in the top left of the bag window. To save the name click the bag icon again. Do not press Enter as this will not save the name.

This is a crude way to fix a very old mod. I don't seem to get any errors and it appears to save the bag names after logout but I did not do any extensive testing at all. I can not guarantee the complete functionality of this mod.

Also If you are using any other bag mods this may also not work.