Thread: VarwynUI
View Single Post
10-29-12, 03:23 PM   #3
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
White is definitely too bright, but if you want to keep it, do something to make the text more readable. I don't think the outline is helping; the text on your unit frames is basically unreadable. Try using darker text colors with no outline and no shadow (or a white shadow). Same goes for your debuff timer bars -- it's very hard to read the text.

I also agree that the player/pet frame names and bag buttons are unnecessary. You should have the "open all bags" function bound to a key (the default is "b") and there's no reason to ever open an individual bag by clicking.

Also, you might consider adding a cooldown bar above (or below) your central action bar, and moving buffs, utility skills, and long cooldowns into OPie or setting those bars to be visible only on mouseover.

I don't agree with Kendian that you should hide the keybinds. I don't even hide the keybinds on my main bar, which has the same 1-6 bindings on every character I play. For abilities that are bound differently on different characters, having the bindings showing is pretty important, since otherwise I would constantly forget which button was which ability on the 6 different specs/classes I play regularly. However, I do have some spells that are similar across classes and specs bound to keys without a visible button; for example, "G" is always bound to my interrupt ability, "C" is always bound to a dispel/res macro, "X" is always bound to crowd control (and "Z" on characters with two CCs), "Q" is bound to taunt, F1-F* are bound to stances/forms, Numpad + is bound to my biggest powerup (Bloodlust, Berserk, etc.), Numpad 0 is my biggest defensive cooldown, etc.