View Single Post
09-24-15, 12:45 AM   #8
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
OK, I am glad that I am not the only who feels the loading of the AddOn list takes waaaayyyyyy too long and is frustrated at the lack of feedback from the client (the bouncing "progress bar" and "Detecting AddOns" message). An actual progress bar and feedback on what AddOns are being scanned (as Phanx suggests and was previous behavior) would be great so I know that Minion is actually doing something. Usually if a program just sits there (with no feedback after I have issued a command), I start hunting for it in the Task Manager as my intuition tells me it has hung and the process needs to be killed.

Regarding the overall color/text. I am not a programmer (beyond tinkering with Lua and Javascript) so I am not familiar with the limitations of the programming language/toolkit that Minion uses, but wouldn't it be better of Minion would use your system's native UI widgets/colors/fonts/etc. I grew out of "themed" programs when I was in my early twenties and I generally prefer to have most of my computer's programs to have the same look and feel. Using the system's native toolkit should also make life easier for those of us who issues related to vision problems.