View Single Post
12-20-13, 09:17 PM   #114
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The new version is complete. I've posted a "release" version to the download page, and updated the API docs on CurseForge. The following changes have been made; all should be backwards-compatible:

1. The callbacks for ResCastStarted/Cancelled/Finished no longer include Mass Resurrection.

2. There are now separate MassResStarted/Cancelled/Finished callbacks for Mass Resurrection. These callbacks will fire once for each cast, rather than once for each potential target. They do not include any target information. When they are received, if you need to know who they will affect, you can scan all group members for incoming resurrections using the LibResInfo:UnitHasIncomingResurrection API, which now returns "MASSRES" instead of "CASTING" for Mass Resurrection casts.

3. Pre-cast Soulstones are now supported. LibResInfo:UnitHasIncomingResurrection will return "SELFRES" instead of "PENDING" for units who can resurrect from a pre-cast Soulstone, and the ResPending callback will fire with an additional argument (boolean true) if the pending resurrection is from a pre-cast Soulstone.

4. The LibResInfo.RegisterAllCallbacks API now accepts a third argument (boolean true). If this argument is not set, then the API will not register for the new Mass Resurrection callbacks. This change was made to maintain compatibility with previous library versions, since the Mass Res callbacks do not pass the same arguments as the normal res callbacks (specifically, they do not pass target information as arg1 and arg2).

Looking for comments on the following:

5. Should I add callbacks to notify addons when a unit dies or resurrects (eg. by corpse running) during a Mass Res cast? Currently, unit frame addons that display each unit's res status must implement their own code to detect when a unit dies or resurrects and update their res status. LRI already detects these events internally, so it would be trivial to add callbacks for them.

6. Should I change the new Mass Res callbacks to pass 2x nil as arg2 and arg3 (where targetID and targetGUID are passed in other callbacks) so they can be more easily handled by the same function?