Thread: Our UI Manager
View Single Post
04-20-09, 03:56 PM   #153
Archangel_Mike
Prince of Provocation

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by seancwatson View Post
Might I suggest trying out TourGuide instead of Carbonite as well? I find it to be superior to Carbonite. You can get it off of here AND Curse.
Again, thank you for the suggestion, but that's not a valid solution.
  • I hesitate to explain here, but Carbonite addon is more than just a "quest helper" / leveling mod fulfillment. The Carbonite team has insured that it includes many needed addon features the common user wants: Questing, Map, PvP, Inventory, and much much more. It does all these things and has a very small footprint.

That's the reason I use Carbonite, not the reason I want the WoWI team to speed their manager development. Even if I did change to Tourguide (wich I use along with Carbonite by the way) and Questhelper, I'd still use the Curse update manager... because it exists. WoWI's updater does not.

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Archangel_Mike, Shirik doesn't need a "fire lit under his tail." Unless you can help code the updater yourself, it will be finished when he can get it finished. Until then, you can be patient just like everyone else.
I don't have to be patient, as said .. um .. how many times before .. the competition is ahead. I would "rather" use WoWI because I like the community and site setup, but I'm not going to boycott a completely usable software package from Curse simply because you say so.

Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
We're working on it as quickly as we can Archangel_Mike. Shirik has to worry about school and work (ie the type he can get actual pay for) first. We're trying though.
Thank you for your compassion Cairenn. Please understand that, at this point, I'm just arguing with those who seem to think a simple complaint is unwarranted. You obviously understand my point of view as you have given me a reason for the delay rather than an alternative to somehow diminish my point of view.

Thank you.

Last edited by Archangel_Mike : 04-20-09 at 04:02 PM.