Thread: Our UI Manager
View Single Post
04-20-09, 04:18 PM   #157
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Archangel_Mike View Post
Thank you for your compassion Cairenn. Please understand that, at this point, I'm just arguing with those who seem to think a simple complaint is unwarranted. You obviously understand my point of view as you have given me a reason for the delay rather than an alternative to somehow diminish my point of view.

Thank you.
You're welcome. We do understand completely where you are coming from. We're frustrated too. The whole situation sucks. Honestly, it's been a bad month (not just week) for the entire community, authors and users alike. First the UI Policy, now this. We all wish that things were different. Unfortunately, they are what they are. We (WoWI) are doing what we can to help on stuff as quickly as we can, but there's only so much we can do in X period of time.

And I know our users don't really want to hear this, which is understandable, but I hope they are willing to understand it from our side of things: Our updater is important, we know that, and we're trying to get it out as quickly as we can. But, Shirik's "real life" is more important to us. He is doing all of this voluntarily. Making sure that he does okay in his classes, that he can take work that will pay him so he can afford to live, etc, is to us by far more important than our updater.

The updater will be nice to have, no question, I can't wait to have it myself. But it isn't "necessary". Our users can still get all of their mods from the site without it. Not as easily or conveniently, agreed. But they can still get them. And, if you've got it set up right (taking advantage of our "favourites" list and email notifications of updates sent to you), it isn't that bad doing it manually.

So yeah, we completely understand where you are coming from and don't disagree with your "complaint" in the slightest. We wish it could be different. Just please know that we are doing what we can as quickly as we can, without putting unfair pressure on our volunteers.

Last edited by Cairenn : 04-20-09 at 04:49 PM.